Monday, December 26, 2011

Gingerbread man ornament


Ahh... the day after Christmas... empty boxes and filled hearts, torn wrapping paper and that half-eaten gingerbread cookie from the plate left out for Santa. I made this gingerbread man ornament when I was around 8 years old out of a brown paper bag, crayons and yarn. I actually sewed the two edges together with a needle and yarn, and I remember doing the task as if it were yesterday. My mom still places this gingerbread man on, or at least near, her Christmas tree every year. 

Once there was a gingerbread man,
Baking in a gingerbread pan.
Raisin eyes and a cherry nose, 
Trimmed right down to his fingers and toes.
A gingerbread man in a gingerbread pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here. If you don't have any of the accounts listed, select "Name/URL" and just put your name. Thanks!