Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chillin' at the car wash


In the film Breakfast at Tiffany's actress Audrey Hepburn states that when she is upset she likes going to Tiffanys department store because "nothing very bad could happen to you there."  That's the way I feel when I go through the drive-through car wash. I find it to be the most relaxing, meditative, two minutes ever, with the water spraying and the cloth tentacles ebbing and flowing over the car. Maybe it's because I feel that I can just turn off  life for a few minutes, the deadlines, the to-do lists, etc., and just surrender and chill out. It's a grown-up time-out of sorts, and I know you know what I mean! It's so peaceful, I always wish it could last longer.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever noticed how certain cars seem to have their own personalities? It's like they're more than just machines

    ReplyDelete

Type your comments here. If you don't have any of the accounts listed, select "Name/URL" and just put your name. Thanks!