Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Knockout!

photo, Dan Ryan

I finally got some roses in the garden again. For years I had some fussy floribunda roses which always seemed to be riddled with Japanese beetles (or some other garden curse), in spite of our grub-free lawn. Besides, I decided that I didn't want any prickly things in my long flower border anymore. And then... we made a new bed for a lilac tree. Well, surely I needed some color in there after the lilacs faded, right? I was at Lowe's and was absolutely smitten, knocked out even, by an entire table of these pink Knockout roses in full bloom, so home they came with me. Fingers crossed that they aren't prone to Japanese beetles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here. If you don't have any of the accounts listed, select "Name/URL" and just put your name. Thanks!