Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Life-changing bread


This delicious flourless bread recipe is a keeper. It's filled with fiber and reminds me of those dense German rye breads. What's unusual about this bread is that psyllium husk and water act as the binders, and there's also coconut oil, maple syrup (or honey or agave nectar), rolled oats, chia seeds, flax seeds, millet, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and hazelnuts. (The millet and pumpkin seeds were my addition) A slice of this bread is incredible toasted! Get the original recipe here from My New Roots, where nutritionist Sarah Britton calls this "the life-changing loaf of bread." She has gorgeous and amazing photos on her blog too.




Once you have the recipe down you can start experimenting. I made a version of this bread using orange infused cranberries, orange zest, pumpkin seeds and and walnuts. What a great combination of flavors! I sliced the bread, kept it in the freezer, and toast them when I want a blast of fiber. Makes a great on-the-go breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here. If you don't have any of the accounts listed, select "Name/URL" and just put your name. Thanks!