Saturday, December 7, 2013

Spanish chorizo, bean + kale soup



This chicken chorizo, bean and kale soup is one of those quick soups I tend to make on the fly, with no written recipe to go by. I don't know about you all, but when I make soup I never use exact measurements anyway—the ingredients just don't need to be precise. One of the reasons that I started taking photos of foods I've cooked is to just to help me remember my crazy one-time creations like this soup! I used the ingredients below, plus a clove of garlic and some chicken broth. See loose recipe below photos. It's a really rich and hearty soup that's packed with so much good stuff it'll make you want to flamenco dance... Olé!


Here's how to make it: In a soup pot, add a splash of olive oil and brown the Alfreso brand Chorizo chicken sausages (all natural and no chemicals!). Remove and set aside to cool. In the same pot sauté diced tomatoes until they break down and begin to fall apart. Add in diced onions and sauté until clear, then add in minced garlic and cook for a minute more. Toss in a teaspoon or two of pimentón (a Spanish smoked paprika), the beans (canned is fine if you rinse them well, or if you've thought ahead to soak your beans overnight, even better), sausages (slice them first), and add enough chicken broth so it just barely covers it all and looks, well, soupy! Cook for 15 minutes or so. Just before serving add in some chopped kale leaves, which will wilt with the heat of the soup. How fast was that?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here. If you don't have any of the accounts listed, select "Name/URL" and just put your name. Thanks!