Thursday, March 14, 2013

Moroccan roasted carrot salad


Purple, yellow and orange baby carrots inspired me to make to make a warm root salad with Moroccan flavors. The salad is a riff on a Jamie Oliver carrot salad recipe, but I've changed a few things. I made the orange dressing as written, infusing it with fresh thyme leaves, chili peppers, and cumin, etc., but then I zigged instead of zagged. I added roasted baby purple pearl onions, swapped in feta cheese instead of the yogurt in his recipe, and added pumpkin seeds for a nice crunch intead of the charred ciabatta that Jamie uses. Diced avocado added a creamy element, and finally, it was all tumbled together with some baby arugula.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here. If you don't have any of the accounts listed, select "Name/URL" and just put your name. Thanks!