Monday, May 14, 2012

Salad primavera!


I made this colorful salad, filled with various spring treasures, for my mom yesterday. Tossed in with the mesclun greens (some from my garden!) were carrot and summer squash ribbon curls, yellow and orange tomatoes, chive blossoms and various colors of edible pansies. I dressed the lovely mélange with a light and tangy lemon, champagne vinegar and grapeseed oil vinaigrette. This organic looking carved burlwood bowl (from China, by way of T.J. Maxx) got lots of attention too. I also made two different quiche, and buttery sautéed fingerling potatoes with an aioli dill sauce... All for mom, with love...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here. If you don't have any of the accounts listed, select "Name/URL" and just put your name. Thanks!