Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tuscan white bean salad


A lemony Tuscan bean salad is one of my favorites! In this one I used cannellini beans, kalamata olives, grated carrot, diced red pepper (or sometimes tomatoes), purple onions, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil. I combined these ingredients, then right before serving I mixed in some peppery arugula leaves. If you opt to skip the arugula do add in some parsley leaves for color and nutrients. I served it on one of my Tuscan hunting scene plates. Sadly I don't know the artist of the plates, but certainly the scene reminds me of Benozzo Gozzoli's Procession of the Magi at the Palazzo Medici-Riccardi in Florence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here. If you don't have any of the accounts listed, select "Name/URL" and just put your name. Thanks!