Monday, January 16, 2012

Kale chips rock!


I actually called my mom after making these crispy greens to say "Look mom, I ate kale!" You see, growing up I was reluctant to eat a lot of greens other than the usual lettuce, string beans, peas, etc. Mom was a great nutritionist and always made very healthy dinners for my brothers and me-even while working a full time job. Sure, she snuck kale or spinach or broccoli into soups and casseroles, but really I didn't actually appreciate those green veggies on their own merit until I was older—like around 50 or so. KIDDING! Late 20s, max. Thanks mom!

+ + + 

Trim out the thick center stem of kale leaves and cut remaining leaf into bite sized pieces. Coat with olive oil and sprinkle a dash of garlic powder and salt and pepper. Place leaves on a baking sheet in a 350° oven for 10-15 minutes, then remove and add a squeeze of lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here. If you don't have any of the accounts listed, select "Name/URL" and just put your name. Thanks!