Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Egrets at Dawn



'Egrets at Dawn'    Diptych—each panel  20" x 60"


Well this was a bit of fun. I painted these large canvases for the upcoming Castle Hill show (details to come). When I came up with the idea for the painting I had a vision of the background being gold-leafed in the style of a Japanese screen panel, but then I nixed that idea as I was painting it. Then I thought perhaps I should antique the paintings to give it a more ancient look, but then I nixed that idea as well. So here are the wrapped canvases (meaning the paint wraps around the edge and doesn't require a frame) which gives them a more modern look. My hope is that someone will buy them them to flank a grand entranceway or fireplace in a seaside home. We'll see where they end up.

*POST SHOW UPDATE*
My egrets did not sell at the show, but they were voted as the People's Choice Award winner! Just being included among so many gifted and talended artists who show their work at this annual art show is an honor in itself, but receiving this award is is incredibly humbling (and thrilling!) 


Here are some details:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here. If you don't have any of the accounts listed, select "Name/URL" and just put your name. Thanks!