Sunday, October 2, 2011

Italy: Coming home


Although it's always nice to be in a foreign country experiencing different cultures, foods and languages, it's always nice to be home afterwards too. Here, I have all of my familiar and comforting things, like my favorite squishy down pillows, the soft hum of my refrigerator, stacks of inspiring magazines, my cashmere bathrobe and the bottle of iced tea that I brewed before I left on my journey. Even the dripping shower is comforting in an odd sort of way. Okay, maybe not. It was a long and arduous journey back from Italy, and my internal clock is seriously confused. Luckily Turner Classic Movies has heaps of good films to keep me company at 3A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here. If you don't have any of the accounts listed, select "Name/URL" and just put your name. Thanks!