Monday, March 3, 2014

Manchester marsh


Manchester Marsh  6 x 9  


 

This new painting is of a salt marsh in Manchester, Mass. in a little point between Black Beach and White Beach. I like that there is no horizon line here, much like the autumn marsh painting that I made about a month ago. Often I share inspiration photos which are made up of colors palettes that speak to me, and below are some images that directly influenced this painting, which was green grass to most eyes. I see things differently. Through my eyes, I see see the greens of course, but I also see turquoise and lavender colors in the darkest green grass, and a soft peach color in the light tips of the grass.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here. If you don't have any of the accounts listed, select "Name/URL" and just put your name. Thanks!