Sunday, July 9, 2017

Swiss Alps paintings


Recently I had an interesting commission to paint. A woman who spent her high school exchange in a chalet, nestled in the steep alps of Switzerland, many moons ago, wanted this painting as a gift for the father of her host family who will be 90 this summer. The chalet was so remote that supplies had to delivered to the chalet by helicopter drop. I had little to work with regarding reference photos so I patched together several photos in my mind's eye. I made two paintings with different color palettes and will let my client choose the one that she connects with the most. I truly hope that her 'Swiss Papa' will be happy with his gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here. If you don't have any of the accounts listed, select "Name/URL" and just put your name. Thanks!